Friday, September 12, 2008

Awkward Introduction

This is always my least favourite part of a blog: the super-awkward introduction. As you can see here, the introduction to my other blog was brutal. I couldn't even use fonts consistently, and it was only two paragraphs! Ouch.

Long story short, I've been playing dodgeball in the Greater Toronto Area for the past five years, and have won four championships. Three of the championships were in the Toronto Central Sports and Social Club, and one was in a tournament held by the rival Toronto Dodgeball League.

In just a few days I'm starting another season, playing for my girlfriend's work team, the Moth Balls, which will be enrolled in TCSSC's Tuesday night recreational league. Aside from Jellybean and I, no one on the team will have any dodgeball experience.

The other team I'm playing with is the Evil Empire, which I'm the captain of, and this will be our fifth straight year of competition. We won the inaugural Toronto dodgeball championship back in the fall of 2003, and we've won three others since then. Our last season, the spring of 2008, we beat all comers and won the championship again. I wholly expect that we'll be contenders again.

I'm starting this blog for several reasons...

  • to impart my considerable wisdom to my teammates, as well as dodgeball players around the world
  • to record, for posterity, the trials and tribulations of two very different teams competing in the same city
  • to entertain myself, my girlfriend, and my heterosexual life-partner Jimmers
  • to revisit some of the crazy shit that's gone down in previous seasons
Anyway, this is definitely starting to get long-winded and awkward. The only way to break this kind of tension is to have sex or throw up the awkward turtle.

No comments: