Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Here we go!

After my brief sabbatical from the hardest hitting (and only) dodgeball blog on the internet, I am back to give you all the game stories, arguments, fights over the course of my twin seasons. Of course, I'll be continuing to write tips and strategies to make you a better dodgeballer.

Tonight's game, and all Tuesday night games this season, will be with the Moth Balls. There have been a few changes to the team; some players have stepped down from the roster. To make up these vacancies, we have some new additions to the team. Also, Jellybean, always more observant then me, noticed that we have been shuffled into a recreational league that has all new teams, as well as the bottom two teams from the least rec season.

Thursday night's will, for the fifth straight year, belong to the Evil Empire. My Dogs of War will gear up and step on to the court to fight the good fight and bring our particular brand of foam and latex anger to gyms across Toronto. Like the Moth Balls, the Evil Empire has lost a few players. So far, we've only been able to replace 8Mile with a former member of the black and silver: Hardcorey. However, I am trying to recruit at least one female player to give our girls a rest during games.

There are some storylines that I expect will permeate the year. Jimmers, Kannah and some friends have created their own team (the Fairy Dodgemothers) that will be in the same Tuesday night league as the Moth Balls. Our first game against each other will be three weeks from now and should be a slobberknocker. The Moth Balls will continue to challenge themselves and grow as players and athletes. The Evil Empire will continue to try and harness their prodigious talents and control their tempers. Both teams will be fighting not just for respect but to make sure that they win a championship.

It promises to be an exciting year.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I can't wait for dball tonight. I'm so excited. I honestly miss throwing balls at people!