Thursday, October 2, 2008

Close, but no cigar

This was the Moth Balls third week, and we have now, clearly, settled down. We're not longer overwhelmed by the speed of the game, and our players have a very definite understanding of the speed and pace of the game and what should be expected during a match.

One thing our team has really improved on is catching. The first week catches were almost accidental. The ball would just kind of find its way into our hands. But as you can see in the photo of Lefty to the... left... we're able to make more clutch catches at key times.

Unfortunately, we're also getting caught out a lot more. I for one was caught out an embarrassingly high amount. At least three times. I think this comes with increased accuracy, but accuracy that is coming at the sacrifice of power. I know that my arm, and some of my teammates' arms are starting to get real joint pain.

Although we're playing much better, and are really getting a grasp of teamwork, we lost to Can't Touch Disk 10-9 at Eastern Commerce. I wholly expect that the next time we play them we'll play much better and get the win.

No comments: